ABBEY RIDER TRAINING (afterwards referred to as ART)
ART needs to keep certain personal data, for example about its staff and customers, to fulfil its purpose and to meet its legal obligations. To comply with the law, information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, ART must comply with the GDPR Principles which are set out in The General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
We do not share any of your details with other companies for marketing purposes.
ART will keep all CBT certificate information for a period of 2 years. This is a requirement of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), these records are shared with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency as required.
Records of financial transactions are retained for a period of 6 years, in accordance with HMRC regulations.
No record is kept of credit/debit card details, we will never ask you to email us card details.
Our payment systems are fully PCI DSS compliant.
And that really is it, we do not share your details with anyone else, and all information is kept securely, if it’s in digital form it is encrypted and if it’s in paper form it’s kept locked.
Rights to Access Information
Staff and customers and other users of ART have:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
ART aims to comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as possible, but will ensure that it is provided within 30 days of receipt of a written request unless there is good reason for delay. In such cases, the reason for delay will be explained in writing to the individual making the request.
Terms and conditions for motorcycle training
1) All fees shall be paid in advance of each course or lesson.
2) Failure to give the correct cancellation notice for courses (as follows) will result in the student forfeiting any monies already paid. Cancellation giving the following notice periods or more will still carry fees of £20.00 – £50.00 (dependant on the course) to cover admin and bank charges. Should the course(s) be re-booked, the student will be liable to pay any lost fees again.
Cancellation notice required:
CBT – 5 working days.
Half day training session – 5 working days
Practical test – 10 working days.
3) In the event of mechanical breakdown or any cause beyond the control of ART, ART reserves the right to re-arrange or re-book any course at the earliest convenience to ART and the student.
4) The student to instructor ratio for each course shall be at the discretion of ART, or DSA requirement, and ART shall determine the aptitude of students for each course.
5) It is a condition of participating in any course that the student:
a) Is duly licensed to ride a motorcycle or moped on the public highway in the UK.
b) Uses a motorcycle which, if not supplied by ART, is in good and sound mechanical order, and fully road legal.
c) Wears suitable clothing including a securely fastened helmet, which complies with UK or EC legal requirements. Your instructors discretion will be used when assessing suitability of clothing. All students must wear ART Hi-Viz jackets.
6) The student must, before commencing training, make available for inspection by ART a current and valid UK driving licence, plus CBT and theory certificate where applicable. Failure to produce the correct paperwork will result in lost fees for the course, which cannot legally commence without the correct paperwork.
7) If the student is supplying his or her own machine, they must make the machine available for inspection by ART, along with valid insurance, and a valid MOT certificate. The machine must have up to date tax displayed L-plates displayed front and rear of the machine, and left and right mirrors. Exhausts must be fully compliant with MOT regulations (no “Race” exhausts.)
8) ART accepts no liability for any claim, loss, damage or expense arising out of acts or omissions of ART or its employees, unless negligence or willful default by ART or its employees causes those acts.
9) The student will be liable to reimburse ART against any claim, loss, damage or expense incurred by ART as a result of any breach of these terms and conditions by the student.
10) ART can accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on any part of these premises. This includes student’s bikes in storage. Student bikes being delivered for training must be insured from the time they arrive at ART.
11) All vehicles are hired to the customer by Abbey Rider Training Ltd. Damage to a vehicle caused by the customer under £50.00 for parts and labour is not charged. Any damage caused by the customer as a result of specific instructions have been ignored is chargeable to the customer. The customer must pay for any damage within 14 days. Parts are charged at retail price inc. V.A.T. Labour is charged at £25.00 per hour.
12) Complaints procedure: If you have a problem or complaint you should speak to your instructor at the time.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response or resolution, refer to the company/ATB owner in writing who will reply within 5 working days with a response, or a reason why a response is not possible at that time.
If a satisfactory resolution is still not received, you should approach the DVSA who would give details of their own response times.